Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday, Karl!

My baby turned six today, and, as per our custom, the birthday boy started off the day with a pile of presents to open and doughnuts for breakfast. (I'm not sure how the bakery run became part of our celebrations, but we're not going to change a good thing!)
DSC09127


See that yucky Star Wars Rancor? I hid Karl's presents in the trunk of my car, and for weeks every time I opened the trunk that nasty creature would scare me half to death. If you're wondering what the thing on top is, it's a reading light that Laura gave him, so he can read in the car when it's dark, just like she always does.
DSC09128


Yummy doughnuts! Note to Dad: Laura is your biggest fan. She chose to skip the doughnuts because she knew we got some of the cinnamon bread you baked last night. She ate four slices of cinnamon toast and a carmel roll.
DSC09130


One of Karl's gifts was a regulation-sized football. Now he can throw just like a pro!
DSC09133


When asked what he wanted to do today, Karl said, "Well, I want to wake up and see all the presents on the table and have doughnuts for breakfast, and I want to work on my quilt and have macaroni and cheese for lunch at Oma and Opa's [he does this every Tuesday], and I want to go to McDonald's for dinner!" And so he did.
IMG_0114


Happy Birthday, Karl. You are a wonderful little person, and we're so lucky you're ours.

No comments: