Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The First Day of School

Well, my baby started kindergarten today, and my oldest is in third grade. Crazy! Both kids were bouncing off the walls this morning because they were so excited to get on the bus; I was a zombie because I barely slept last night ( Apparently, I still get butterflies before the first day of school. Meanwhile, Karl went to bed last night and fell asleep within five minutes, sleeping soundly until this morning. These kids. It's like they don't get nervous for anything.)

Look at this--they're almost all grown up!
DSC08484


Here it comes!
DSC08488


Karl got on the bus and went straight towards the back like a cool kid. He sat with his buddy Jake, a fourth grader. Laura doesn't care where she sits, since she's just so happy to go to school!
DSC08491


Karl came home at noon, bubbling over with his report of the fun day at kindergarten.
DSC08497


Laura came bouncing off the bus this afternoon with her own happy report of the day.
DSC08502


As soon as Laura came home, we headed over to Wisconsin to visit Jim, Connie and the boys at their new house. (Did I think to take a picture of them in front of the house? No. Oops.) They have a huge, kid-friendly yard that the cousins immediately started exploring, and it was great to see them playing together again, just like always. We went out to eat since their new dining room set hasn't come yet, which is when I remembered to take some pictures.

DSC08504


DSC08509


DSC08507


DSC08508


I just don't know what I'm going to do with myself now that both kids are in school. Guess I have to work on my paper...

No comments: