Sunday, March 14, 2010

Belated Birthday Pictures

A couple weeks ago, when I turned the fabulous age of 35, I was the lucky recipient of a three-pack of bamboo back scratchers from the kids. Yay! Just what I always wanted! (Seriously, you have no idea how often I make Matt scratch my back-- "use more nails!") After the birthday doughnuts, we immediately tried out the new scratchers. Note the huge pile of Girl Scout cookies in the background. 15 boxes. All gone (except for a few Trefoils, but they don't really count as cookies; they're more like crackers who really want to be cookies but fail).
DSC09889


Later that day, we went out to Applebee's for dinner (it was a school night so we couldn't go too far...).
DSC09891


And here's a picture of Laura right after her "Treasure Hunt" class at the Science Museum yesterday. She's wearing a pirate hat, but she said the class wasn't all about pirates. Nor did they do a proper treasure hunt (Laura said they did one on a map, but I'm not sure what that means). She was very vague about the whole thing, but said it was fun. Ok. Good enough.
DSC09896

2 comments:

Megan Meissner said...

Mmmmmmmm... I could power through 15 boxes of Girl Scout cookies solo.

Karen said...

Hi,
Happy 35th birthday. I can't believe it's possible. Where does the time go? I still remember how excited we all were when we got a little baby girl. Your brothers could hardly wait to see you.

It is so funny; every night before we go to sleep, I ask Dad to scratch my back. It feels so good. I bet he will want to get me a back scratcher too.

Looks like a great birthday.
Love, Mom and Dad